Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Darkness fades?

Confined to this dark room,
i pray to thee for that last breath,
i hope to see that light again,
i think my rod cells are deactivated now,
my eyes so prone to this shadowy darkness.
i talk to the stars when i wish to speak,
i close my eyes when i want to feel,
no one to see me,no one to share my pain
its only the stars that shinedown on me from that meshed window,
my only source of light.
i know this light will also fade someday,
the day my vision gets dim,i will close my eyes and breathe in this envious darkness,
solitude is not always bliss.
i die to see my own face,forgotten how i looked,
imprisoned in this dark cave,no escape whatever it takes.
memory fades,as i lose track of this time,
i don't even know the reasons for these tears,
i drink them as water when i am thirsty,i talk to them when i feel a bit lonely.
its too cloudy outside today,the stars have failed to shine,
the night today is darker than my cave,clouds seem to sleep peacefully in the air.
i wont be able to talk to the stars today i will have to wait and bleed.
blood is the resistence offered in the path of my death,
thats why i want to bleed it all out so that even i can rest.
i close my eyes in the attempt to kill darkness but its all that i get,
slow pictures move in my mind,they give me a feeling as if i have turned colour blind,
they are faded,the view unclear but i see a girl laughing,running on the mountains,catching butterflies,singing songs i wish to know who she is,my mind tells me it’s me but i don't agree,
how can she be me?she's so happy.
i wonder what wrong i would have done to be chained and abandoned
to be left with these empty thoughts all alone.
a lady comes and visits me each day.wrapped in a shawl,she's scared of me and i can read her face,
from a distance she smiles at me but that smile turns into a tear soon
a frown comes on my face wondering was i the reason for that too?
she runs away her grey hair trying to pace up with her speed,
she also goes away leaving questions unanswered in my head,
i try hard to remember who she is but my senses fail to trace.
i try to break these chains when she runs but hopeless and restless i rest again.
i think about that tear every day after she's gone and i figure hopelessness in her eyes too.
the walls around me turn damp at night but something on them reminds me of a sight,
i see hearts made on them with jet black coal,two names written next to them,i think hard to recall these names but my memory and dreams are all lost in this darkness.
the names are familiar but yet unknown.broken and bleak images exsist in my mind but the grave to know who they belong to dies slowly as the dark again meets the night.
i lay here unwanted and confined with nothing to think about,nothing to do,nothing to stare at,over here its the darkness and the pain which rules.

3 comments:

Shrishti.. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shrishti.. said...

amazingly done..awesum read..derz actual depth in each line..i so luv the agony in the words..

n d imagery wid stars and clouds..n the girl..is rockn..

<3..

i guess i've nt read dis before!

Kopal Khanna said...

thnkyyuuu